Resources & Reviews
This page will continue to be updated as I have time. This is a list of homeschool resources we found quite useful and helpful.
- Over the next 30 days, I will be reviewing www.Science4Us.com. Science4Us is an engaging,elementary science curriculum that teaches science using a fun, interactive approach. If you have your own blog and would like to review Science4Us, check out their homeschool review program. Click here to read my review!
- Alpha Phonics -an amazing, no frills, excellent book to help little ones learn how to read! You can read my review on Alpha Phonics here.
- Mosdos Press -What. A. Find. Amazing literature program that incorporates vocab and writing! Read my review here.
- Free Handwriting Printables
- Handwriting Without Tears -we’ve used two of these books and are currently using 4th grade cursive success to master cursive. With my little ones I’ve picked up My First School book and Letters and Numbers for Me. A definite hit!
- Maps -AWESOME maps from the ancient world to the 21st century
- Spelling City -LOVE this as a supplement for spelling practice!
- Growing with Grammar -we’ve completed Level 3 and moving on to Level 4 -LOVE this program!
- JacKris Publish, Inc. also has Winning with Writing and Soaring with Spelling -we’re doing level 4 and my girl loves them both!
- Zoology, Elemental Science -we’re using it with my nine year old. Click here for a review. We’re also starting to use Elemental Science, Logic Stage Biology! A review on that will be coming soon!!
- Time 4 Learning We used this for a short time and loved it! My daughter is ahead in so many areas and some subjects we’re taking a different approach so we stopped using it. I am seriously considering it for my twins when they are in Preschool. It’s definitely an excellent program for the core subjects. Truly no complaints!
- ALEKS -we’ve used this for 3rd grade math and 4th grade (we’ve used the Level 3 and 4 with QuickTables) , 5th grade and now 6th grade. We’re VERY impressed with it. It’s a keeper! Click here to read my full review.
- Printable Tests and Worksheets -I used this for a few months. It was really helpful, but now that we’re using T4L and it has its own quizzes and tests, we haven’t really used it. But I did get a lot of use out of it so I wanted to add it here.
- List of Classic Short Stories -I haven’t had a chance to actually use this with my kid, but I plan to. I found lots of the short stories I learned in school and really enjoyed reading them again!
- Speekee -My daughter LOVED to learn Spanish with this awesome online video clips. There are some worksheets that go along with it and all I can say is that it worked well when we first started learning Spanish.
- History of US by Joy Hakim. Covers the history really well and easy to add supplemental pieces with ease.